Lenten Events and Resources
Check out events happening in your area and resources to inspire and lead you closer to Christ.
Events & Retreats
The Power of the Cross
Lenten Retreat for Youth and Young Adults
March 18-21 (evenings)
St. Eugene de Mazenod Parish
Speakers: Fr. Ken Anderson and Fr. Dennis Savanger
Extreme Way of the Cross - 40km overnight Stations of the Cross
Friday, March 31
Mass at 7:00pm at St. Casimir's in Toronto. We start walking right after Mass
Arrive at St. Eugene de Mazenod (Brampton) the following morning.
This is meant to be a contemplative 40km, walked in silence.
The "Extreme Way of the Cross"/"Extremalna Droga Krzyzowa" mobile app has the route and reflections in English and Polish
Dress warm, wear comfortable shoes, bring a sandwich/snacks for the road. Have a family member or friend on call just in case you need to be picked up earlier.
Spiritus West: The Eucharist & You
Wed, Mar 15, 2023
Merciful Redeemer Parish, Mississauga
6:30pm Social, 7:00pm Mass followed by a talk by Fr. Seamus Hogan
Spiritus East: The Vocation of Man & Woman
Wed, Mar 8, 2023
St. Theresa's Parish, Scarborough
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Spiritus York: Going Beyond Yourself
"Thinking with the Holy Spirit"
Wed, Mar 22, 2023, 7:00pm
St. David's Parish, Vaughan
Guest Speaker: Kenneth Faria
"Come & See" Weekend Discernment Retreat
For single men ages 18+
St. Augustine Seminary, Toronto
Holy Mass, communal prayer, discernment stories, testimonials from seminarians, seminary tour, fellowship
Special address by His Eminence, Thomas Cardinal Collins
Food and accomodations provided
Cost: suggested donation of $100
Visit Vocations Toronto for more info.
Dynamic Women of Faith
Saturday, March 25, 9:00am - 4:00pm (Registration 8:00am)
The Old Mill, Toronto
Cost: $80 earlybird price (limited seating)
Keynote Speaker: Sr. Deirdre Byrne - Surgeon, Soldier, Sister, Servant
See Dynamic Women of Faith for more details and to register.
The Source: Holy Hour with Music by the Sisters of Life
Thursday, March 23, 7:00pm
St. Peter's Church, Toronto
Spiritual Direction & Discernment Retreat (Young adults, age 19-39)
Saturday, April 22, 9:00am - 3:00pm
St. Peter's Church, Toronto
Recommended donation: $10
Fellowship, Talks by Sr. Rosemary and Fr. Matthew McCarthy, Holy Mass, Individual Prayer, Testimonials, Adoration, Confessions
See the Google form for more details and to register.
Lift Jesus Higher Rally
Saturday, March 4, 9:00am to 5:30pm
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Lots of great Catholic speakers like Ralph Martin, Chris Stefanick, Rachel Herbeck
See website for more details and to register.
Queen of Apostles Retreat Centre
"Wrestling with God and Love", March 3-5, led by Fr. Ron Rolheiser
QoA Lenten Retreat, Saturday, March 18, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Contact the Queen of Apostles Renewal Centre for more info and to register.
Ignatius Jesuit Centre, Guelph
"Directed Prayer Weekend", March 17-19
Includes the opportunity to meet with a spiritual director. See website for more info.
Merciful Redeemer Lenten Missions
March 27, 28, 30 at 7pm (Confessions on March 29)
Missions led by Fr. Francis Ching, a member of the Companions of the Cross
- The Power of the Cross
Great Catholic prayer and meditation app. There's a free version as well as a paid version. Both have great resources.
Best Lent Ever
Sign up for inspiring daily emails each day of Lent from Dynamic Catholic
Living Lent Daily
Daily 3 minute retreats throughout Lent, from Loyola Press
"What to Give Up for Lent Based on your Temperament"
Just pick up a Bible and read. Let God do the rest.
Or let Lent be when you start the 365 day journey of reading the Bible with Fr. Mike Schmitz. The "Bible in a Year" is available for free wherever you listen to podcasts, as well as on the Hallow app.
If you've already done BIY, check out the "Catechism in a Year" podcasts.
- Hallow App
Lenten Days of Confession
St. Eugene de Mazenod, Brampton: Tuesday, April 4th - 7pm
* Confession in our Parish is also available at 6pm every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, as well as half an hour before every Mass.
- St. Jerome, Brampton: Tuesday, March 31st - 10am to 3pm
- St. Francis Xavier, Mississauga: Monday, April 3rd - 7pm to 9pm
- Check out the Archdiocese of Toronto website for days and times of Lenten Confession in other parishes in our diocese
- St. Eugene de Mazenod, Brampton: Tuesday, April 4th - 7pm
Stations of the Cross
- St. Eugene de Mazenod, Brampton - Every Thursday at 6:15pm in English, and every Friday at 6:15pm in Polish
- St. Jerome, Brampton - Every Friday after 7pm Mass
- St. Francis Xavier, Mississauga - Every Friday after 7pm Mass
- Most churches have Stations of the Cross on Friday evenings - check their websites or bulletins for info!
- Pray the Stations privately from home or a chapel through apps like Hallow or YouTube, or other Catholic websites/apps, or even a good ol' physical book with reflections on each station!
Pray, Fast, GIVE
- Support your local food bank or homeless shelter
- Support ShareLife, a wonderful Catholic charity helping those in need in our communities.
- Support those who have been affected by wars or natural disasters, through organizations like Knights of Colombus.
- Support those living in the most poverty-stricken areas of the world through Oblate World Missions.
- Support your parish (you can donate online to any parish in the Toronto Archdiocese through their website.